Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Playing with Poison by Cindy Blackburn (Cue Ball Mysteries, Book 1)


Playing With Poison (Cue Ball Mysteries, #1)
I don’t often read cozy mysteries but I needed one for a challenge and this one sounded like it would be entertaining and interesting.  It was.

Playing with Poison by Cindy Blackburn is the first book in the Cue Ball Mysteries series.  The main character, Jessica Hewitt, is a romance writer by the name of Adele Nightingale.  She is sitting at home working on her latest novel when her neighbor (Candy Poppe!)’s  boyfriend shows up at her door and proceeds to die on her couch.  When the lead homicide detective seems to be considering Jessie a suspect, she decides that she needs to find the real killer in order to clear her name.
The dialogue is witty and sharp.  The characters are interesting and different.  And, the mystery is surprisingly well-written and keeps the reader guessing.  I will be looking for more in this series when I have need of a cozy or even, just when I need something different from my usual fare of thrillers and mysteries.

Rating:  3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment