Sunday, July 1, 2018

The Killer by Tom Wood (Victor, the Assassin, Book 1)

The Killer
I love this series. It came highly recommended to me by the staff at my favorite used bookstore and I can see why. This anti-hero is my new favorite character. The Killer (published as The Hunter in the US) is the first book in the Victor, the Assassin series by Tom Wood.

Victor is an assassin. He has no past and no one knows his real name. He lives a solitary existence – working alone and living alone but that is all about to change. Victor takes on a very simple assignment – kill the target and retrieve a flash drive. What he doesn’t know is that he’s been set up and he’s now on the run for his life. Despite being pursued by multiple enemies, Victor decides the best defense is a good offense and takes the fight to them…


I listened to this book on audio, read by Rob Shapiro. It took me a bit to get used to his delivery but not far into the book, I was fully-engaged and enjoying his narration.

Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment