Thursday, July 5, 2018

The Outsider by Stephen King


The Outsider: A NovelFor me, Stephen King is hit-or-miss; this book was neither - it was "meh". It took me 15 days to read this book as I would read for a bit, get bored and move onto another book for a while. The first half of the book was a police investigation into a murdered young boy - the second half was the hunt for a supernatural killer.

A large part of my problem with the book was that I never connected with any of the characters - the DA was smarmy, Marcy was a shrew, Jeannie was annoying, and Yulan was a caricature. The only character I found truly entertaining was Lovie and she was such a small part of the book.

Maybe I would have liked the story better if I'd read the Bill Hodge trilogy first as this seems to be a continuation of that storyline.

Rating: 2.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment