Saturday, August 25, 2018

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (The Maze Runner, Book 2)

The Scorch Trials
This is the second book in the Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner. The first book, The Maze Runner, was interesting with a unique concept and generally likable characters. This second book….not so much. Maybe it’s because of the different storylines and the way the Gladers kept getting separated, but I never got the same sense of cohesiveness. I found Thomas to be whiny and annoying. Teresa was a total bitch and seemed to be drinking the W.I.C.K.E.D. koolaid. Both Minho and Newt were treated like afterthoughts. And, I absolutely did not like the new characters that were added to the storyline, Jorge and Brenda.

Despite how much I disliked this book, I will continue with the third, Death Cure. At this point, after having gone through all these crazy, dangerous, unnecessary trials with the kids, I find myself wanting to finally get the answers I am sure will be at the end.

Rating: 1.75

No comments:

Post a Comment